Guest Post from Gareth Morfill, Inside Sales Blackbelt at Green Leads.
If you were talking to a prospect face to face, do you think that would make you pitch any differently? More confidently? We feel that it absolutely does. The simple act of having a real person to look at while you are having the conversation makes the building of rapport much easier.
If they have a photo in their LinkedIn profile, look at it. You may even be able to click on it and enlarge it.
Science backs this up. Physiological studies show interesting correlations between perceiving and responding to eye contact, a salient social signal of interest and readiness for interaction. And although the response to a picture is less than to a live face, there may be an impact. Our reps have been practicing it and the general consensus is, Put a Face to a Name:
- Improves the ability to quickly build rapport
- Personalizes the conversation
- Humanizes the typical "cold call"
- Make dialing all day a bit less mechanical
- Looking at the photo means you have to look at their LinkedIn profile first -- scan it
...ps: If you're an Inside Sales Blackbelt, we're hiring.