Next month is Sales 2.0 in Boston. May 21 at the Fairmont Copley Plaza. It should be another great day of insights, interraction and networking from the industry's 2.0 pundits.
Why, you ask, is Smashmouth Marketing interested in Sales 2.0? With the crossover of sales and marketing, the Sales 2.0 event is relevant to marketers too. In fact, the last event in San Francisco was, in my opinion, 70% relevant to a b2b marketer's agenda and 30% worth listening to from a marketing perspective as it pertains to sales. Let's face it, the sales team is our first customer because without delivering to them, there won't be actual customers.
Let's look at the agenda:
- Sales Lead Management (ok, has the word "Sales", but who owns Lead Gen?)
- Customer Engagement Strategies (Online, Phone, Appointment Setting, Sales Initiated Marketing - let's learn and empower sales people)
- Sales Process (process, yes...but measurement, tools - again, empower your team to deliver the branding, messaging and efficiencies marketing has created)
- Culture of Measurement (mostly sales management, but listen and learn what's important)
- Social Networking (need I say more - marketing mandatory)
- Open Bar (networking extroadinaire)
Conclusion: If you are a CMO, VP of Marketing, Field Marketing, Sales Operations, or own any part of Lead Gen, Sales Enablement, Social Media Marketing, you should be attending. If you can't attend, then at least follow it on twitter using hashtag #sales20.
Coming later this week...interviews with some of the speakers.